Pages

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Housewiving

Oh I love my house. I also wish I could keep it just so, like the dreamy pictures in magazines, where all the colours co-ordinate to create a perfect haven with a specific atmosphere. Well, I was encouraged to find my parents-in-law had used our house as their getaway while we were in Australia, and it became their favourite place to go to relax and unwind. They called it their country hideaway. I think I like living in a country hideaway!

This morning I attempted to arrange three bunches of flowers into a vase so that they looked elegant, sophisticated and breathtaking. But I have never managed any arrangement that looked like that. I have decided that there are certain skills I need to develop. I am good at cooking. I manage even to wow people with my cooking. But I have never wowed anyone with my flowers. Or my photography.

So I have decided I am going to train myself (using the wonderful resources on the web) to arrange flowers. Watch this space for my progress and the links I find that help.

1 comments:

loomer said...

graphy is often breathtaking, you have a natural ability to capture people and light in motion,

as for flower aranging, just sit in the vase!

Love you Keitho

Related Posts with Thumbnails